Thursday, July 2, 2015

Hello yello!

Hello! My name is rar, and this is a blog for me to talk about things!!

Like, my life!!! Except my life is pretty boring, so instead, the main focus of this blog is gonna be writing stuff / translation / video games.


Why these things? Well, I write, a lot (about as much as I breathe, to be honest) and so I think I know a fair amount about writing and figured I could Share My Knowledge.

Video Game Localization is my Dream Job, and just in general, I think translation is absolutely fascinating!!! So I'll talk about it.

And I really really really love video games so I am here to talk about those things too.


I mean, maybe I'll babble about other things, but, we'll see!!! We'll see.

Check out the about page for other info -- this post is only really here because I needed a good ol' introduction post!



Random facts you may not have cared to know about me

  • rar is always completely lowercase.
  • I have a tumblr, if, you want to follow it?
  • I'm currently working on a KH fic series known as FtPverse! (If that's not impressive to you, then consider: the fourth book, Dead Inside, is 400k words, completed in three years, and I consider it my greatest accomplishment so far.)
  • I consider my aesthetic "dark atmosphere with a fantastical story." (I blame Twilight Princess for this.) (Majora's Mask also fits the description though.)
  • "rar babbles" comes from a tag I started tagging my personal posts on tumblr, and, I made it the name of this blog because it Felt Right.
  • I spend a lot of time making 8tracks mixes!!
  • I can beat Twilight Princess in 20 hours and have played and beaten it probably more than ten times. It was a summer obsession when I was twelve.
  • ¡Puedo hablar Español! Básica. I've been studying it half my life but with all the school switching I did I was never able to gather much more than basic conversational skills. (My vocab is embarrassingly small.)