Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Splatfest Review!

Recently,  Nintendo's latest popular game, Splatoon, held an event called a Splatfest! In North America, the event took place on July 4th from midnight to midnight, and the theme was Cats vs Dogs! (Dogs won, but Cats sure gave us a run for our money with how vicious they were during Turf Wars! That's okay, the prize was only an extra Super Sea Snail, anyway.)


Splatoon is a wonderful game, and I'm sure you don't need me to give you a glorious review to know how great it is---I do plan on doing a review in the future, but today is not that day! I'm just here to talk about the Splatfest.




This was the music that played in the plaza all day, and it's really good! I've been listening to it since the Splatfest, and even though that was four days ago, I'm not sick of it yet!

For the Splatfest, it was night time in the plaza and during the turf wars, vs being day like it always is, and boy did I love the atmosphere it gave off!! Here's some pics I took.



I stayed up until 2am on July 3rd--er, into July 4th, anyway, and I think I had the most fun during those two hours! I met up with three other Team Dog squids in Turf War, and with how the Splatfest runs, we were able to stick together as a team without fear of being shuffled up with the other four members playing, because those other four were Team Cat!

I know I'll never talk to these people, or even see them again, but they hold a special place in my heart as my squid squad....


(I'm "rar!", in case that wasn't obvious!!!)

You can hear me gush about those two hours of splattin' and the Squid Squad here, on my tumblr!


Overall, the Splatfest is a really fun event, and I can't wait for another one!! I think scheduling it on July 4th might not have been the best idea, though, and I also feel like it would've been better if it had lasted two days, instead of just one!! That way, especially if you have siblings, you aren't fighting over the Wii U all day, or rushing around in the game to try and get the highest rank possible. Not to mention extended hours of play tends to lead to wrist cramps!


Some other things I think it'd be cool to see in the future from Splatoon:

1) It's probably too late, but I wish they'd update the software so that the game would have a day/night cycle! It doesn't have to actually cycle through the real times of day, but if it would change just to be night, say, when the stages change at 7pm PT, that would be cool!

It doesn't have to be a party every night, either, I just think the night-time atmosphere we got from the Splatfest was really cool, and I won't lie, I don't play often at night because it seems like a Fun Daytime Game, y'know? But maybe that's just me, and maybe that's weird!


2) I wish the Squid Sisters would hold concerts!! They're obviously famous, and supposedly famous singers, but I think they only have two songs in the entire game (maybe three), and that's including this Splatfest music! A concert once a week---or even once just a month!---would be super cool.

They'd have a stage in the plaza they'd sing on, and it'd last for through one cycle of the stages, so, four hours. Their music could play during the Turf Wars, too!

At the very least, it'd be great if some of their music could play during the Turf Wars along with the usual selection of Turf War music.


Anyway!! Those are all my thoughts about the Splatfest!! It was a really great event, and I hope the next one's soon!

I'll close this up with some carefully taken pictures of Callie and Marie during their performance.




Here's to another Splatfest!!!