Thursday, November 12, 2015

Nintendo Direct 11 / 12 /15 !!!!!!!!

WOW!! A LOT OF NEWS HAPPENED!!!!!

I'm only gonna talk about what I'm interested in but it's still! a lot!! There's a lot.


We start with something I'm unfortunately very invested in! (Unfortunate only because *sadly turns out empty pockets* no money.)

Twilight Princes.... HD REMAKE.



There's also some news about the new Zelda Wii U game at the end of that video, but, EH, it wasn't anything new or jawdropping, in my opinion.

SO! TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!! HD!!!!!!

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, if only just because it was the first I played and because I spent a whole summer endlessly replaying it so it's filled with Very Fond memories. STILL, regardless of the whys, it is my favorite Zelda game, and I'm!! I'm excited for this.

 

It was rumored well before it actually released and so it wasn't entirely a surprise when it showed up but!! IT WAS STILL VERY GOOD TO SEE!! It looks so pretty and, I just, I really really love this game. It's probably not the best investment I could ever make when it comes to video games but BOY, I want it really bad, and will probably end up buying it at some point. Or getting it gifted to me for my birthday. (It comes out three days before and I left enough hints about it, haha.)

A little more unfortunately for me and every other fan who played the Wii version, they ended up porting the Gamecube version of the game to Wii U. I'm not, like, surprised, because I figured this was most likely since gameplay wise you wouldn't have to do much. (Gamecube controllers vs the Wii U Gamepad have nearly all the same buttons), I'm just.... still a little disappointed, because I'm going to get lost all the time now. Having everything mirrored is, well... disorienting.


Here's the Very Obvious proof it's been mirrored, by the way. You can tell through all the cinematics that it has been, of course, but for a split second I was sure the gameplay footage from the trailer (top) was the Wii version because Hyrule Castle sat on the right of the screen. Turns out I had the Link's position on the map wrong, and, once I placed him in that spot in the Wii version, saw I was wrong. It's, obviously, 100% the Gamecube version.

BUT THAT'S FINE! I'm still excited.


This was one of the top three things I was really excited about, but, while I'm still on the subject of Zelda, take this news, as well:

This is Linkle!! That is, Link, if Link was a girl. There's actually been concept art of her around for ages, so I wasn't horribly surprised to see her added to the roster for Hyrule Warriors: Legends. Looks like she's just in Legends (the 3DS version of the game), by the way. Maybe I'm wrong, but! Tossing it out there.

My opinion: she's cute, and this is cool, and she looks like she might be a fun character! Gameplay-wise, giving her a separate weapon than Link is obviously a good idea, but I'm a little mad that she's not more straight-up a Link clone, because apparently Girls Must Always Used Ranged Weapons and that.... Idk. If this is just female Link, why doesn't she wield a sword like Link? Also, the name Linkle isn't.... a very good one.

I mean, it doesn't matter much to me. I'll never buy Hyrule Warriors: Legends, so I'll never play her. If she was DLC for Hyrule Warriors itself, this might be another story, but maybe not. I'm kind of.... over Hyrule Warriors. The story was kinda bad and the gameplay's only engaging for a while. But! This isn't a review of Hyrule Warriors!! It's a news post!!!


NEXT UP? SPLATOON!!

Nothing super major, but there's some update news!! And, a lot of neat stuff, from the looks of it!


Lots of new gear, some cool new stages -- both things I want more of in my life! The new stages look like a lot of fun, and, more gear is always wanted! Gotta look as fresh as possible while I'm inking up the place. Plus, bandanas?? cool????


SOME MARIO STUFF!

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam has a release date! Dec 3/4 in Japan and Europe, Jan 22 in North America! A little funny to me that it's taking it a full month more for it to come to North America, but, whatever.

Doesn't look like there's much new in the trailer, outside of the introduction of battle cards! They look kind of cool, I guess?

I dunno, I'm not super interested in this game. I mean, I run a fairly successful Paper Mario blog on tumblr so I'm obligated to be interested but, personally... I love Mario and Luigi series, I love Paper Mario, but my hopes for this game aren't that high, and there definitely a lot of other games I'd rather own first. (I've already played Twilight Princess, but I'd buy it in HD much sooner than Paper Jam, honestly.)


Then, well, I'm not into Mario Tennis, but I noticed this while watching its segment:

Rosalina's floating. It's hard to tell in a picture, so you may have to watch this segment yourself, but... she's floating. Of course, she's floated in every other game she's been in, rather than walked, for... whatever reason, so I'm not surprised. It just makes me smile.

See, her feet don't touch the ground, and it's not just because she's mid walk-cycle or anything. She's just straight-up floating. Amazing.


SMASH BROS NEWS!

This may be something you just have to see for yourself, but....


Cloud Strife, of Final Fantasy 7 fame....


...joins the roster for Smash 4.

My initial reaction was something along the lines of "huh, FF7?" (coupled with "oh is the HD port of FF7 coming to Wii U or--) then it was "Nope, Smash, the music just sounded thE WAIT A MINUTE. WHAT THE HECK!! YOU LITERALLY CAN'T DO THIS!!!!"


I mean, I'm not, like, upset. I'm just!! I don't know!! how to handle!!! these feelings!!! This feels so strange!! Cloud?? In Smash???? It's!! IT'S COOL! IT'S WEIRD!! I DUNNO!!!!! I'M JUST YELLING!!!!


AND, TO TOP THAT OFF....!!!

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.....

I SWEAR


I'VE SEEN A FEW!!!


Mother 3 gets a Virtual Console release in Japan!!!! 

Mother 3 gets a Virtual Console release in Japan!!!


Anyone who knows anything about Mother 3 knows that it's the sequel to SNES RPG Earthbound and the final installment of in the beloved Earthbound or Mother series. It was never released outside of Japan, though, and eventually, fans made their own English translation of it.

"Wait, why is a Virtual Console in Japan good news? It's still not in English, officially!"

No! It's not! But hopes are higher than ever. Mother 1, or, Earthbound Zero Beginnings was localized and put on the eShop back at E3 this year. (And, you should've seen the fandom's reaction then.) That already had Mother fans real excited, not only because was it released outside of Japan for the first time, but also because, if they finally localized it, could Mother 3 possibly be next?

Mother 3's release on the Virtual Console is a step closer in that direction, and as it turns out, Mother 3's tenth anniversary is next year. What better time for an announcement this big than then?

Tumblr user mariettapk sums it up pretty well in their post here.


SO! YEAH!! MOTHER 3!!!!


Anyway, that's all the games I cared about, but you can watch the Direct here for yourself!


What a great time to be alive, huh?